- Brighton and Hove Beauty Therapies
- Brighton and Hove Massage Therapies
- Brighton and Hove SPA Ritual Packages
- Monetary Gift Vouchers
- SPA & Pamper Parties in Brighton and Hove
- Services summary
90 mins - £198
120 mins - £298 ONLINE BOOKING
Couples / Duo Thai Herbal Heat Compress Massage in Brighton and Hove
A Thai Herbal Massage uses deep-heat herbal therapy to relieve and soothe tired, aching muscles.
Thai Herbal Massage Therapy dates back nearly 5000 years and has been passed from one generation to the next. Steeped in history, this ancient practice was used by Buddhist monks, midwives and healers to relieve pain and inflammation.
The best known traditional Thai therapy is Thai Herbal Heat Compress or ‘luk pra kob’. A herbal heat compress is used within a traditional Thai massage to soothe the sore muscles that have been worked and stretched.
The Thai herbal heat compress reduces tension using the heat by relaxing the aching muscles. The aromatic properties of the herbs eases respiration through the use of aromatic camphor; a large evergreen tree indigenous to Thailand.
Thai herbal heat compression massage is commonly used in the treatment of sprains, muscular pain, bruising and swelling, removing the use of pills for relief. Thai herbal massage is often used in postnatal care treatment to help reduce swelling, soothe muscles and promote general health when recovering from pregnancy.
A Thai herbal massage for couples is the ideal way to relax together. It’s also great to enjoy with a friend. Let the world disappear whilst you both enjoy the benefits of this ancient Thai practice.
Thai massage herbs and their benefits
The herbal ingredients may be mixed for specific needs, but there are base ingredients
- Cassumunar (Prai): boosts circulation, relieves muscular aches & pains, softening the skin
- Camphor (Pim-sen): promotes a calming influence, eases respiration, reduces tension
- Lemongrass (Ta-krai): stimulates digestion, antiseptic, treats skin infections
- Kiffir-Lime (Ma-kroot): soothing, deodorizing, reduces depression, anxiety and insomnia
Finally, pamper yourself with a sauna session by using our ultra modern spa facilities at an extra fee or as part of a spa package. For this service booking in advance is required.